Sunday 8 November 2009

Big B honoured with Lifetime Achievement Award


Actor Amitabh Bachchan was honoured at the closing night of the Mumbai Academy of Moving Images (MAMI) international film festival in Mumbai on Thursday as the actor completes four decades in the entertainment industry. From an angry young man to a romantic icon and now a 13-year-old child, Big B has played all kinds of roles in Bollywood.

The closing ceremony of Mumbai Film Festival was yet another reason to celebrate Big B’s glorious 40 years in the industry. He was honoured for his unmatched contribution to the Indian cinema.”I am really grateful to the Indian film industry for tolerating me for so many years. I remember all the wonderful people that got associated with me,” says Big B.With innumerable honours in his kitty the actor is still yearning for more. “I’ve enjoyed the fact that every generation has expressed a will to work with me and shown some very exciting challenges,” he adds.

Director R. Balki just gave him one such opportunity with his upcoming film Paa. “The concept of having me played a 13-year old was unusual. I think it is also very interesting to have Abhishek played the father’s role,” Amitabh says.Age is certainly no bar for this talent house and as Big B remains open to quirky roles, his fans hope that the ever-adventurous Amitabh continues to entertain them just the way he has for decades.

No comments:

Post a Comment