Monday 2 November 2009

Middle aged SRK still a 25-yr-old at heart


Sharing his birthday celebration with the media at his residence, Mannat, Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan appeared at his enthusiastic best. Showered with cakes and presents, the ‘Baadshah’ appeared younger and energetic after almost a year’s absence from the silver screen owing to his injuries.

"I have been in my 40s since a few years now and I gracefully accept the age. But honestly, I feel like I am just 25 or 26 except for the physical problems I`ve had in my past year," Shah Rukh told reporters here.

"Maybe I look older, but then when I look younger, people say I get plastic surgeries done to my face. When I look old, they say I am over and done with. But the fact is that when I sleep well, I look young and when I don`t get enough sleep, I look old," he quipped.

Contemplating over his last year, the actor said that, “The year has been unfortunate with respect to physical work because of my injury but emotionally it has been wonderful. I have had ample time for introspection, quiet living and spent quality time with loved ones. I also had time to work on my book.”

Talking about his commitment to work and society, the superstar said, “I want to give back a lot more quality work. Twenty years back I felt strongly about becoming an actor. Now, I strongly feel that I want to do something for youngsters, underprivileged girls and talk to 16- 17-year-old children who are on the threshold of voting for the government and lead the world forward".

"I don`t know whether I want to join an NGO or something of the likes, but in my heart, I have this strong feeling that I want to give something back to society," he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment