Thursday 12 November 2009

Ranbir is a true blue Kapoor: Kareena Kapoor


Yesteryear actor Randhir Kapoor has been in the news for the past one year, thanks to his plans of reviving the half-a-century-old family banner, RK Films. But his daughter, actress Kareena Kapoor, would like to see her cousin, actor Ranbir, to “take charge” of RK Films.

“I’d like Ranbir to take the RK legacy forward. The girls and the Kapoor women have done their bit and made the family proud. Ranbir is also doing that but it’d be fantastic to see him take charge of the family banner and take it to the heights that dadaji (Raj Kapoor) and bade dadaji (Prithviraj Kapoor) took it to. I’m sure he’ll deliver. After all, he’s a true blue Kapoor,” says Kareena.

The Kapoor girl clarifies that her father is not planning any movie with her under the banner at the moment. “I wish dad made a film but right now, there is no movement on that,” she smiles. Would she act in the movie if it ever gets made? “It’s my home banner. It’s part of my identity. It’s part of who Karisma, Ranbir and I are. If dad ever makes his film under the RK banner, I would definitely want to be part of it in any which way possible,” she replies.

Kareena also feels that had her grandfather Raj Kapoor been alive, he’d have been proud of her work. “He would’ve patted my back. And why just me? He would have been proud of Karisma and Ranbir, too. It’s for the first time that an entire generation of a film family has been so successful.”

No comments:

Post a Comment