Thursday 16 July 2009

American film-maker Floored by Priyanka Chopra


While award-winning director-producer Ben Rekhi is finalising on the cast for his feature film that is based on debutant novelist Karan Bajaj's best-selling novel, Keep Off The Grass, he is also keeping himself busy writing a graphic novel these days.

Ben reveals, "I'm writing a graphic novel with Kamlesh Pandey (writer of Rang De Basanti, Delhi-6 etc) which I'll make into a movie. It'll be ready in the next two months. The film will be called Beti and it'll be a superhero sci-fi film where I want Priyanka Chopra to play the lead."

While this American director is best known for writing, directing and producing his directorial debut Waterborne with Shabana Azmi, he's awestruck by Priyanka Chopra's beauty.

The 30-year-old film-maker says, "I met Priyanka two weeks back at the photoshoot of a magazine but I didn't tell her about this project of mine 'cause I didn't want to talk about work when she was already working," he says, adding, "She is unbelievable. I would be really excited to make a film with her."

While Ben will be directing this film, he might also act in it. At this point, it might be recalled that Ben had earlier played the character of Gulab in Mark Webber's Explicit Ills (2008).

The movie based on the book will be in Hinglish and though the book mentions the protagonist joining IIM Bangalore, Ben says, "We will not shoot at IIM Bangalore for this part. I was doing a recce at the institute for Rajkumar Hirani's 3 Idiots. I don't think I'll shoot there because I know there'll be a lot of comparisons between my film and 3 Idiots."

No comments:

Post a Comment