Monday 3 August 2009

I am just a dumb Star: Shah Rukh Khan


Shah Rukh Khan and modesty don't really go well. But then King Khan is almost always capable of doing the unexpected.

Recently when a national daily sought SRK's reaction on being an extremely popular and articulate star, this is what he had to say, "I'm just a capitalist, happy-go-lucky, dumb star! I'm happier playing that role because otherwise what I say can be misused, misconstrued, unless the platforms decide to take a side. When I talk about things like this, and then I am misconstrued, I am disturbed about it. I say, chhodo yaar, yeh side nahin le rahe hain, and then I realise I am in some way becoming a brand ambassador for these causes and debates. I don't want to be a brand ambassador for this! Unless I choose to sell a car, I don't need to be its brand ambassador, do I?"

While he himself wants to stay away from taking a stand on anything, Shah Rukh wants the media to do that. "I've realised that I don't need to take a side – you, the media – need to take a side. You should also give people who don't agree with your stand, a chance to express themselves, but you need to take a stand. And it's not my job to take a stand – I'm just a vulgar star!"

No comments:

Post a Comment