Tuesday 19 May 2009

Celina Jaitley excited about doing Comic parts


After the success of Golmaal Celina Jaitley is back again with another comedy flick Paying Guest. The film is a situational comedy that stars Shreyas Talpade opposite her. Celina will be sharing screen space opposite her alongwith Neha Dhupia, Sayali Bhagat in the film. When asked about the camaderie with the other two girls Celina says “I do not know why people think that actresses are incapable of getting along with each other. We all came to work, so why would we fight? We enjoyed ourselves. Dressing up in school uniforms and dancing in the streets of Bangkok - it was fun!” she says.

About her role she says “I am playing a young, sporty and naughty girl, and I star opposite Shreyas. The film is about four friends who are staying as paying guests and what they have to do in order to bag the place. My character is a second-generation Punjabi girl born and brought up in Thailand. She is in love with her pets.”

The actress who has been doing a lot of comedy films lately says “I have done many comedies, and I think that my comic timing has now improved. Paying Guest is different as it is based on a real subject. We have all stayed as a PG at some point in our lives, so it was fun.”

Celina says that Paying Guest reminded her of the days when she lived as a paying guest in Kolkatta. “It was not a funny incident. The first time I went to Kolkatta, I put down a deposit with someone, but he told me to look elsewhere. I was alone with my suitcase and mobile phone in a taxi with no place to go! On the other hand, if you get a good PG, it’s great, because you don’t end up missing home and your parents so much” she concludes.

No comments:

Post a Comment